Fitness classes are held Mon thru Fri from 4:30 to 6 pm for Members 7-13 years of age. Fitness focus on increasing endurance, strength training and speed and agility. Classes include interval training, speed training, and measurements on improvement. Classes are instructed by Sean Bell.
Adult fitness classes are held Mon thru Fri for members 13 years of age and older. Adult fitness includes Strength, Core, Endurance training with Intensity. Advance Fitness is High Intensity Interval Training, Weight Lifting, and Boxing Fitness Classes. Classes start at 6 to 8pm. Classes are Instructed Sean Bell
Boxing Fitness is a high intensity workout that includes, cardio, strength training, interval drills, full body conditioning and in the ring workouts with Instructor Christian Rivera. Weekly Insanity classes, and routine fitness assessment testing help members to achieve a maximum fitness experience. Each class is designed to motivate member to increase hand-eye coordination, endurance, confidence in a total body workout. Member experience using boxing gloves while working out on hit pads, 3 different types of punching bags and shadow boxing.
Fitness and Fundamental Boxing Training at Levels Appropriate for Members of all Ages.
Fitness Activities Include Strength, Cardio, and Flexibility Training.
Dance practice is Monday thru Thurs with Coaches Kris and Dianna. Come find your beat with the Beat the Street Dance Squad.
Members ages 7 to 13 years of age are taken to a variety of Career Based field trip to encourage and motivate them to explore all the options in their future careers. Career Explores members have ventured out to see careers in Jewelry Making, Hotel Management, Radio Broadcast, Food Production, Phlebotomy, Fire Fighting, Judicial Enforcement and so much more. Career Explorers have also been able to experience enjoyable trip to the Jordan Ropes Coarse and Meriden Airport for an Air Show. BTS want to encourage the younger members to reach for the moon and beyond.
Career Development Program
The Career Development Program is lead by Larry P and Kris W. Helping Students and Adults 14 to 25 years of age to maximize their potential in achieving a bright career in a variety of fields. Members that have participated in the Career Development Program have gone on to become Medical Professionals, Military Staff, Engineering Majors, Bio-ecologist, IT Specialist and Business Management Professional. The Career Development Program partnered with the Tri-Town Collaborative Program are geared to see all members reach newer and greater height. Many of Alumni from the Career Development Program have come back to say, “Thank You” and show much gratitude for the help this program has given them.
Beat The Street Community Center
Our Mission is to make a profound, positive difference in the lives of young people whose circumstances put them at risk of falling far short of their true potential.
Our Guiding Principles
- We broaden our members’ horizons by making them aware of opportunities that exist outside of their immediate environment, and the full range of goals that they can set for themselves.
- We mentor our members to develop road maps through unfamiliar territory, so they can work toward their personal career and development objectives.
- We engage our members in activities that help them develop discipline, team skills, self-confidence, self-respect and respect for others.
- All of our programs are built around structured activities. We aren’t a recreational clubhouse. Members come to the BTS Community Center to have a good time, but learning and personal development are our first priorities.
- We have zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior. A member who behaves disrespectfully or ‘acts out’ will be required to leave the Center for the day.
- We continuously emphasize the fundamental importance of education for opening doors to greater opportunities.
- We educate members and their families about the resources that are available to help meet their needs.
- We network with other community based organizations to meet the full range of needs faced by our members and their families.
- We participate in events and activities that benefit those who need help anywhere in the city of Meriden.
Support Beat The Street Community Center In Keeping Kids Engaged In Positive Activities and Off The Streets