Fitness and Fundamental Boxing Training at Levels Appropriate for Members of all Ages.
Fitness Activities Include Strength, Cardio, and Flexibility Training.
Dance Class Tuesdays and Thursdays for members aged 5 through Young Adult. with The Amazing Asia Allen
Educational Field Trips to Numerous Local Businesses Enable Participants to Explore Various Career Paths and Options in Live Work settings.
Beat The Street Community Center
Our Mission is to make a profound, positive difference in the lives of young people whose circumstances put them at risk of falling far short of their true potential.
Our Guiding Principles
• We broaden our members’ horizons by making them aware of opportunities that exist outside of their immediate environment, and the full range of goals that they can set for themselves.
• We mentor our members to develop road maps through unfamiliar territory, so they can work toward their personal career and development objectives.
• We engage our members in activities that help them develop discipline, team skills, self-confidence, self-respect and respect for others.
• All of our programs are built around structured activities. We aren’t a recreational clubhouse. Members come to the BTS Community Center to have a good time, but learning and personal development are our first priorities.
• We have zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior. A member who behaves disrespectfully or ‘acts out’ will be required to leave the Center for the day.
• We continuously emphasize the fundamental importance of education for opening doors to greater opportunities.
• We educate members and their families about the resources that are available to help meet their needs.
• We network with other community based organizations to meet the full range of needs faced by our members and their families.
• We participate in events and activities that benefit those who need help anywhere in the city of Meriden.
Support Beat The Street Community Center In Keeping Kids Engaged In Positive Activities and Off The Streets